Saturday 15 March 2014

Nude Model


A few weeks ago I did a painting of an old street with some children playing, If only had it on  the website for a short time & it has already been a best seller. So I wanted to do more olden day themes, when I first started painting plates as a teenager I loved finding old black & white Victorian photos & painting them in colour so I guess I have come full circle.


I never expected to be painting naked pictures of myself but I guess you never know what can happen when you're self employed. I remembered an old black & white picture of me as a child in a bath with my nephew I had to add all of the background & after a lot of hard work I finally have a finished painting. On the original photo we had an 1970's council house tiled fireplace so the think the children in my painting with a Range fireplace are quite a bit posher than we ever were.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment